Please enable the breadcrumb option to use this shortcode!
Międzynarodowa konferencja “EU-ASEAN. Models of integration”
We are pleased to invite You to attend the conference “EU-ASEAN. Models of integration” to be held in Lublin, Poland, September 18-20, 2017. The main organiser is the Faculty of Political Science, Maria Curie-Skłodowska University (UMCS) in Lublin, Poland.
The conference seeks to bring together the academia and practitioners focused on integration processes in the EU and/or ASEAN. Scholars researching both organisations from different angles – i.a. legal, political, economic, cultural – as well as their inner circle.
The year 2017 is the 60th anniversary of the Treaty of Rome that established the European Economic Community and the 50th anniversary of the Bangkok Declaration that established the Association of South-East Asia Nations (ASEAN). ASEAN serves as an example of non-European integration success, while the European Union is a lonely leader advancing integration processes. It is noteworthy, however, that in both regions, institutionalised integration processes have become the source of mutual, longstanding cooperation.
The main aim of the “EU – ASEAN: Models of Integration” conference will be the analysis of integration processes in the EEC/EU and ASEAN organisations with special emphasis on their characteristics and distinctiveness. The discussion will be focused on the normative, institutional, and functional dimensions of both organisations. We will also seek to explore the broader issue of an optimal model for integration that would be able to defend itself on a practical level. The conference language is English.
The Conference Organising Committee seeks panel and paper proposals dealing with several key areas of discussion like:
- theories of integration from European and Asian perspective;
- systems-level integration: dimensions and parameters of integration processes in the EU and ASEAN;
- EU and ASEAN interaction and cooperation;
- challenges to EU integration;
- challenges to ASEAN integration;
- national approaches to integration within the EU and ASEAN;
- other countries’ attitudes toward integration processes in the EU and ASEAN.
Details on registration
- Registration at: http://eu-asean.umcs.pl/
- deadline for submission of panels is February 28, 2017;
- deadline for paper proposals is May 31, 2017;
- the conference fee is 150 EUR; participation fee for PhD candidates is 100 EUR.
For further details see the registration website as mentioned above: http://eu-asean.umcs.pl/